Less version 330
Version 330 was released on 28 Oct 1996.
Version 330 includes these features not found in less-321:
- Now supports filenames (in quotes) containing spaces.
- In filename completion, a slash is appended to a directory name.
An environment variable
can be used to specify the type of slash to append.
- LeftArrow and RightArrow are same as ESC-[ and ESC-].
- New commands ESC-( and ESC-) are the same as ESC-[ and ESC-].
- A "quit" command defined in a lesskey file may now have an "extra"
string, which is used to return an exit code from less when it quits.
- New environment variables LESSMETACHARS and LESSMETAESCAPE provide
more control over how less interfaces to the shell.
- Ported to Microsoft Visual C compiler for Windows.
- Ported to DJGPP compiler for MS-DOS.
- Most of the known bugs in version 321
There is a list of bugs remaining in version 330.