Bugs in less-321
This is a list of the known bugs in less-321.
Bugs marked with a * are fixed in
- Using the -s flag can put "~" lines before the beginning of the file.
- #103 *
- "less *" where there are a lot of directories will give
you a long string of "xxx is a directory" messages from which you can't quit.
- Using the -s flag on a file with trailing blank lines, type the "G"
command. The prompt may say "99%" instead of "100%".
- Command "F" doesn't work if the file shrinks in size.
- If less is running over telnet and the telnet session terminates,
less hangs & spins. Apparently only happens on Solaris?
- On Solaris, searching for "a[1,2]" matches "a4".
- On a Solaris cmdtool, slow pipes get stalled and never show any data.
- Does not work when built under Microsoft C on MS-DOS.
- Does not work when built under Ultra C on OS-9.
- #173 *
- Filename completion does not work in the OS-9 version.
- #174 *
- On Windows, if a process changes the window colors and then
spawns less, colors are not displayed properly.
- #175 *
- The "horizontal scroll left" command ESC-[ conflicts
with the escape sequences sent by the arrow keys on many terminals.
(You can use lesskey to assign an alternate key to this command
until it is fixed.)
- #176 *
- Doing a shell escape (! command) from the help screen
can cause less to crash.
- #181 *
- Various random problems on Linux (crashes when searching, etc.).
This can be fixed by editing the Makefile to link with -lncurses only;
that is, remove -lcurses and -ltermcap.
Feature enhancement requests
This is a list of enhancement requests.
- Allow -o to work on non-pipe input (ordinary files).
- #133 *
- Allow spaces in filenames.
- Make compliant with POSIX specification for "more".
- Add command to toggle options without notification.