Less version 321
NOTE: less-321 has been replaced by
Version 321 was released on 18 July 1996.
It is a beta release, meaning it may still have some bugs,
but it has been well tested.
Significant bugs will be fixed as they are found.
This release of less includes these features:
Version 321 includes these features not found in less-291:
- Command line at bottom of screen scrolls,
so it can be longer than the screen width.
- New commands ESC-] and ESC-[ scroll the display horizontally.
- New command ESC-SPACE scrolls forward a full screen,
even if it hits end-of-file.
- Alternate modifiers for search commands:
^N is same as !, ^F is same as @, and ^E is same as *.
- New modifier for search commands: ^K means highlight the matches
currently on-screen, but don't move to the first match.
- New modifier for search commands: ^R means don't use regular
expressions in the search.
- Environment variable LESSKEY gives name of default lesskey file.
- Environment variable LESSSECURE will force less to run in "secure" mode.
- Runs on Windows 95 and Windows NT.
- Compiles on MS-DOS with the Borland C compiler as well
as the Microsoft C compiler.
- Runs on OS-9.
- Runs on GNU Hurd.
- Most of the known bugs in version 291
There is a list of bugs remaining in version 321.