Less version 337
Version 337 was released on 9 Apr 1999.
Version 337 has just a few differences from
- The old -w flag (suppress tildes after end-of-file) has been removed.
- A new -w flag highlights the first new line after a forward-screen movement.
- A new -W flag highlights the first new line after any forward movement.
- Window resize works even if LINES and/or COLUMNS environment
variables are incorrect.
- New percent escape characters have been added for prompt strings:
- replaced by the page number.
- replaced by the number of pages in the file.
- New charset name "iso8859" is equivalent to "latin1".
- New charset name "ebcdic" supports EBCDIC character sets.
- In the Windows version, if the HOME environment variable is not
defined, less uses HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH.
- Fixed some bugs causing incorrect display on DOS/Windows.
There is a list of bugs remaining in version 337.