Less version 429
Version 429 was released on 11 Apr 2009.
These are the differences between version 418 and version 429:
- LESSOPEN pipe will now be used on standard input, if the LESSOPEN
environment variable begins with "|-".
- The -D option with one number now means use the normal background color.
- Don't change permissions on history file if it is not a regular file.
- Fix non-ANSI-compliant code that caused problems with some compilers.
- Fix binary file detection in UTF-8 mode.
- Fix display problems with long lines on "ignaw" terminals.
- Fix problem interrupting the line number calculation for initial prompt.
- Fix SGR emulation when dealing with multiple attributes (eg. bold+underline).
- Fix highlight bug when searching for underlined/overstruck text.
- New "&" command allows filtering of lines based on a pattern.
- Status column now displays a search match, even if the matched
string is scrolled off screen because -S is in effect.
- Improve behavior of -F option.
- Allow CSI character (0x9B) to work in UTF-8 mode.
- Output carriage return at startup in case terminal doesn't default
to column 1.
- Fix bug in '' (quote, quote) command after G command.