Less version 406
Version 406 was released on 19 Jun 2007.
These are the differences between version 394 and version 406:
- Allow decimal point in number for % (percent) command.
- Allow decimal point in number for -j option (fraction of screen height).
- Make n command fetch previous pattern from history file on first search.
- Don't rewrite history file if it has not changed.
- Don't move to bottom of screen on first page.
- Don't output extraneous newlines, so copy & pasting lines from the
output works better.
- The -c option has been made identical with the -C option.
- Allow "/dev/null" as synomym for "-" in LESSHISTFILE to indicate
that no history file should be used.
- Search can now find text which follows a null byte, if the PCRE
library is used, or if no-regex searching (ctrl-R) is used.
- Better compatibility with POSIX more specification.
- Make -f work for directories.
- Make "t" cmd traverse tags in the correct order.
- Allow a few binary characters in the input file before warning
that the file is binary.
- Don't warn that file is binary if it merely contains ANSI color sequences
and -R is in effect.
- Update Unicode character tables.
- Support DESTDIR in Makefile.
- Fix bug when filename contains certain shell metacharacters such as "$".
- Fix bug when resizing the window while waiting for input from a pipe.
- Fix configure bugs.