Less version 394
Version 394 was released on 3 Dec 2005.
These are the differences between version 382 and version 394:
- Add history file to save search and shell command history between
invocations of less.
- Improve behavior of history list for search and shell commands.
- Add -K (or --quit-on-intr) option to make less exit immediately on ctrl-C.
- Improve handling of UTF-8 files and commands, including better
line wrapping and handling double-width chars.
- Added LESSUTFBINFMT environment variable to control display of
non-printable characters in a UTF-8 file.
- Add --with-secure option to configure, to make it easier to
build a secure version of less.
- Show search matches in the status column even if search highlights
are disabled via the -G option or the ESC-u command.
- Improve performance when the file contains very long lines.
- Add "windows" charset.
- Add man page for lessecho.
- Add support for erase2 character, treated same as erase.
- Use ASCII lowercase/uppercase logic when operating on the command line.
- Update makefile for Borland C++ 5.5.1.
- Fix bug in calculating number of pages for %D prompt.
- Fix bug in handling tag file error.
- Fix obscure bug if input file is deleted while viewing help.
- Fix bug handling filenames which include square brackets.
- Fix possible buffer overflow in "global" tag search.
- Fix possible buffer overflow in usage of LESSOPEN and LESSCLOSE.
- Fix buffer overflow in reverse search.