Less version 376
Version 376 was released on 18 Jun 2002.
Version 376 fixes some bugs in version 370 through 375.
Any of these versions should be replaced with version 376.
These are the differences between version 358 and version 376:
- The -x option can specify multiple variable-width tab stops.
- The -X option no longer disables keypad initialization.
A new --no-keypad option disales keypad initialization.
- New commands t and T step through multiple tag matches.
"Global" tags are supported
- A new prompt style set by option -Pw defines the message printed
while waiting for data in the F command.
- The system-wide lesskey file has been moved from the bin directory
to the etc directory and renamed from .sysless to sysless.
(For backwards compatibility, .sysless in the bin directory is still
- Pressing RightArrow or LeftArrow while entering a number
shifts the display N columns rather than editing the number itself.
- The status column (enabed with -J) shows search results.
- The Windows version sets the window title.
- The default LESSCHARSET for the MS-DOS version is "dos".
- Performance in reading very large files has been improved.
- "Large" files (using 64-bit offsets) are now supported on some systems.
- Some bugs have been fixed:
viewing files with lines longer than 1023 characters works better;
using filenames which contain shell metacharacters works better;
overstriking in UTF-8 mode works better;
overstriking tabs works better;
horizontal shifting of colored text with -R works better;
EBCDIC systems work better;
OS/2 systems work better.