Less version 346
Version 346 was released on 5 Nov 1999.
These are the differences between version 340 and version 346:
- The UTF-8 character set is now supported.
- The default character set is now latin1 rather than ascii.
- New option -R (--RAW-CONTROL-CHARS) is like -r but handles
long (wrapped) lines correctly, as long as the input contains only
normal text and ANSI color escape sequences.
- New option -F (--quit-if-one-screen) quits if the text fits on
the first screen.
- The -w option now highlights the target line of a g or p command.
- A system-wide lesskey file is supported (LESSKEY_SYSTEM).
- New escape for prompt strings: %c is replaced by column number.
- New escape for prompt strings: %P is replaced by percentage into
file, based on line number rather than byte offset.
- HOME and END keys now jump to beginning of file or end of file.
There is a list of bugs remaining in version 346.